As promised here is the recipe from last night’s batch o’ granola!!!
I decided to make it CARROT CAKE themed at the very last minute. I had extra carrots and…well, we all know I LOVE my carrot cake.
Here she is…
Carrot Cake Granola
What you need:
-1 1/2 cup oats
-11/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-1/4 cup pecan pieces
-1/3 cup agave nectar (or honey)
-1/2 cup diced dried apricots
-1/2 cup shredded carrots
-1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or soy/cow’s milk)
-2 tbsp grounded flax seed
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
What to do:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl (all except egg and milk)
2. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl with a fork.
3. Add the egg and milk to the dry ingredients
4. Mix until ingredients fully coated
5. Place on a cookie sheet; form clusters with your [clean] hands!
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
7. Flip granola clusters after 15 minutes. Be careful not to break the clusters!