Crazy Dreams

by Allie on June 17, 2010 · 31 comments

in Breakfast,Dessert,Dinner,Fitness,Lunch,Snacks

I guess I now know where to go for encouragement about farming in Hawaii! It was nice to read all of your enthusiastic comments about my [what most people consider] crazy/random/wild dreams of farming. I can always count on you all to make me feel a little less crazy :) .

***

After a really crazy dream about someone I haven’t seen/talked to/thought of for at least 5 years, I stumbled out of bed for some breakfast. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

IMG_1937.JPG

HOT coffee in my favorite ‘A’ mug. You didn’t forget about him did ya?

IMG_1942.JPG

AllieBar and a half. I swapped the peach for another 1/2 because I didn’t feel like microwaving it (I’m allergic to raw peaches).

IMG_1946.JPG

Workout:

15 min. treadmill (alternating 3 min. incline walk and 1 min. run)

15 min. elliptical

15 min. calisthenics

***

Afterwards, I attempted to make Angela‘s Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats. Although mine were not as aesthetically pleasing (and not vegan), they still tasted great.

IMG_1960.JPG

In the overnight bowl:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup kefir
  • 1/2 scoop wheatgrass
  • 1/2 scoop chia seeds
  • 1/4 scoop Alive! Shake
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • stevia and water

IMG_1932.JPG

I also froze some bananas last night because I got 10 for $1.01 at Harris Teeter. Gotta love the bargain produce section.

IMG_1920.JPG

They weren’t even bruised up or super super unedibly ripe.

IMG_1931.JPG

I made the banana soft serve in my Magic Bullet, which did not work out as well as in a blender because I couldn’t [dangerously] press down on the mixture with a spoon.

I got some soft serve but in the end I just layered some frozen banana chunks. I really need to find our food processor. Sadly, I think it’s in storage :( .

IMG_1957.JPG

At around 3 pm, I made a Grilled Pear Pecan Goat Cheese Salad.

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

Snack:

1 cup TJ’s European Style yogurt + AllieBar

3 hearts of palm sticks

Dinner:

IMG_1993.JPG

Dr. Praeger’s Tex Mex Veggie Burger on a TJ’s whole wheat bun.

IMG_1990.JPG

Side of roasted sweet potato fries and ketchup.

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

Dessert…so far:

Dried dates + almond butter

IMG_1982.JPG

Before I go….look who I found in my mailbox today?

IMG_1979.JPG

To answer the question on the cover….yes he can! Does anyone remember that crazy 5 set Wimbledon final last year?

1 Lauren June 17, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I love that bananas are dirt cheap but I never seem to know the right amount to buy. It’s always too much or not enough.

Oh boy, that was just the image I needed before I fall asleep! :) (The veggie burger of course, not Andy! LoL)

2 Casey @ Chasing Casey June 17, 2010 at 8:48 pm

I love the mug! And what a deal on those nanas.

3 Nora@LiveLifeEatRight June 17, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I love dates and almond butter! So simple but delicious. I always do multiple desserts…I’m never satisfied when it gets to be later at night. I’ve been doing lots of over night oats. Nothing else seems to satisfy me the way oats do! Plus…they are so delicious with sunflower seed butter :)

4 BroccoliHut June 17, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I had overnight oats today too–such a perfect brekkie.
You’ve convinced me that I MUST try Dr. Praeger’s. They look SO good.

5 Jenny June 17, 2010 at 9:33 pm

When I have crazy dreams, it throws off my entire day! So strange…

6 Kaz June 17, 2010 at 11:22 pm

What a snipe on those bananas! Score!

Your salad looks so gourmet! I have tons of ripe pears and I picked up some walnuts last night. I see a fancy salad in my future…

I always have the weirdest dreams, and I always remember them when I wake up. Last night, I dreamed I was crashing at my brother’s house, and his shower was out of commission, and so I freaked out. o.O Random, right?

7 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 17, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I feel so bad for you that you can’t eat lots of fresh fruits – that’s so awful. I hope your allergies magically disappear someday.

Andy Roddick is a hottie!

8 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs June 18, 2010 at 5:25 am

Oh poor Andy Roddick – when he was on a chatshow here the other week, he was SO down on himself; he actually said pretty much that he’d probably lose again! I hope he does win; Federer has won too much :/

9 Molly June 18, 2010 at 6:53 am

yum, I love frozen banana! Have you ever had it plain? Like just peeled, cut in half, and put into the freezer for a few hours? It tastes like ice cream.

10 Alexa Meany June 18, 2010 at 7:16 am

AH wat an awesome salad combo!! I’ve never grilled a pear!! i will have to try that… did you use any dressing?

11 Maxine June 18, 2010 at 8:05 am

Hey,
Go to Hawaii and work on that farm. This is the time to do these things, or else you end up almost 30, like me, and while you can still do things, it is more difficult when you have a car, bills, and a house full of things.

12 Heather June 18, 2010 at 8:37 am

Allie, I had the same issue trying to make banana soft serve in my magic bullet. I found that if you let it defrost a bit it really helps get things going. I’ve also tried adding a wee bit of almond milk, which seemed to help. Good luck until you find that food processor!

13 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 18, 2010 at 8:51 am

I tried the soft serve in the Magic Bullet too and it failed, obviously. Oh, and I just had a weird dream about someone I havent talked to in yearss!! We were married and eating food off of elementary school plates..yeah.

14 Colleen June 18, 2010 at 8:52 am

I can’t believe you still haven’t shared the recipe for the AllieBars! I’m waiting patiently to get the recipe… or see them in my local grocery store!

15 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 18, 2010 at 8:56 am

Mmm goat cheese and pear salads are so good! For some reason I never buy pears though. There are too many fruits to choose from at the grocery store. :P

16 Whitney @ Lettuce Love June 18, 2010 at 9:27 am

It is so random to have dreams about people you haven’t seen in forever– it’s like, hey, what are you doing in my dream?! Love the A mug, I really want a W one now :)

17 Ali @ Redhead Reports June 18, 2010 at 9:41 am

That’s so cool that you have a bargain produce section. I would probably have bought even more bananas than that – I love bananas :)

18 Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches June 18, 2010 at 9:44 am

The first time I made overnight oats with soft serve, it didn’t look pretty either. How does Angela do it, I ask? Because her creations always look awesome. Btw, I have that same mug but with an L, of course. It’s my fav mug. :)

19 Jeny June 18, 2010 at 10:08 am

I had a crazy dream last night too: my very first dream in which I was READING a blog. In retrospect, though, I think that’s less “crazy” and more just plain sad ;)

20 Dana June 18, 2010 at 10:18 am

Where can I get a magic bullet?!

21 Marissa June 18, 2010 at 12:02 pm

That salad looks so gorgeous! How come mine always end up looking like a garden puked into my bowl? Hahah. I actually had a dream last night about buying bruised bananas! Dreams are so weird.

22 Naomi(onefitfoodie) June 18, 2010 at 1:51 pm

ahh roddick…how easy on the eyes he is!!

10 banans for a buck!! sounds awesome…looks like that bag comes with soem rockin recipes on there too ;) yes I spotted those!! i tried making banana soft serve with the bullet too and no dice…def need the food processor!

23 Sophie June 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm

This post makes me hungry (and I just ate!!). Everything looks so good :-) I have to try that salad soon…

24 Krista June 18, 2010 at 2:14 pm

This will sound weird but I love that little bag the naners came in! Where I shop they’re either loose or, if discounted, wrapped in saran wrap.

25 Laura @ youngDCliving June 18, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I LOVE Andy Roddick! I totally watched that entire game from last year and it was so nerve wracking and I was super bummed when he lost, I really thought he would finally pull through. Can’t wait to watch this year, I really hope he goes the distance :)

26 Angela June 18, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Did you freeze the bananas w/ skin?

27 Kath June 18, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Long time no see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what I’m craving? ALLIEBARS! I’m going to make a knock off as soon as my internship is over :) Or just come visit you!

28 Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear June 19, 2010 at 6:27 am

Mmm.. awesome salad, grilled pear! I must try that :)