Freshen Up

by Allie on February 29, 2012 · 12 comments

in Fitness,Fun Stuff

Happy hump day, Leap Day, Wed-nes-day, National surf ‘n’ turf Day!

And monsoon day. I’m glad I got in my run yesterday because it’s monsooning here (apparently the word monsoon cannot be used as a verb. Spellcheck suggested moonshining).

I ran a swift 8 miles yesterday. I expected my legs to feel better than they did considering I took 2 days off. I guess my speed intervals over the weekend threw them for a loop! They felt heavy at first, but woke up at around the 3 mile mark. I’m going to take another couple days off from running, so my legs can freshen up.

…and those are the only 2 photos I’ve taken this week. I’ve been neglecting my camera big time lately. It’s okay, I’ll leave you with some links I’ve been meaning to share with you all for ages.

From Runner’s World: 101 Kicks in the Butt—Tips to Get You Motivated to Run

kicksinthebutt200x200.jpg

From Improvephotography.com: 13 Things Your Camera Wishes You Knew

From Greatist: The Complete Guide to Workout Nutrition [Infographic]. A great summary of how to fuel for your workouts.

My mom emailed me this Linsanity Song (video) she found while filling out Jeremy’s adoption papers. It’s quite entertaining!

That’s all I’ve got. Have a wonderful hump day, Leap Day, Wed-nes-day, National surf ‘n’ turf Day!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life February 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm

That line made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my water!!!!!!!!

2 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance February 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I love the 101 Kicks in the Butt :)

3 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Happy Leap, Hump day to you too! :)

4 Kathy February 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Hahaha I went to college with Jeremy – it’s crazy how big of a deal he’s become!! I’m sure all Asian parents want to adopt him now :)

5 Lauren February 29, 2012 at 2:05 pm

National surf n’ turf…haha love it!

6 Mary @ Bites and Bliss February 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm

You are a swifty runner! Way to go.
I’m heading over to that 13 things your camera wish you knew site. Seems interesting!

7 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning February 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm

That camera article is great- I need to share those tips with my students (though they won’t listen anyway)!

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I’m going to love checking out those things my camera wishes I knew! Hopefully I’ll learn some good stuff! HAPPY LEAP DAY!
Way to run, girlie! You are doing so awesome!!

9 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

It’s pouring in Baltimore, too, so I’m avoiding going outside at all costs! Luckily, I’m stuck at the office all day!

10 Nicole @ Sugar Coated Sisters February 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Awesome run! I’m going to take the day off from running today and hopefully by legs will be swift for my next run, too :)

11 Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 1, 2012 at 3:38 am

Sometimes going on a lil break is all we need! :) And thanks for the links~! I’ll def. check out the camera one.

12 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 1, 2012 at 10:39 am

Happy belated leap day!! :)