Talkin’ Tunes

by Allie on May 1, 2012 · 25 comments

in Music

Hey y’all.

So I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. Ahhh I’ve got the whole day to myself. Absolutely nothing on the agenda.

Mmmm never mind the fact that the weekend was oh I don’t know, like, 2 days ago…?

I realized it was Tuesday when I rolled over, checked my phone, and saw 8 bajillion emails in my inbox. All from those companies. You know those coupon deal sites, clothing stores and what not. Because it would be way too easy to unsubscribe from them, so I spend every morning hitting delete delete delete.

Right after I hit snooze snooze snooze.

I digress. It’s Tuesday. Time to talk tunes.

cmt2.jpg

My old phone couldn’t handle Pandora (it was always loading and never actually playing music), so I never used the app at the gym. Now, I listen to it when I’m on the bike or elliptical because it gives me a break from the tunes on my iPod.

I’ve been loving the Country Fitness Station because it plays country songs with a fast beat (I know, stating the obvious here).

I’ve been introduced to and reminded of some great songs. This week’s favorites include:

Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 10.06.02 AM.png

1. I’m still obsessed with Eric Church.

2. The more I listen to Jason Aldean, the more I love him.

3. Angel Eyes!! I’m about to download this song so I can listen to it on repeat on my run.

***

My favorite non-country tunes this week come from Maroon 5′s Hands All Over. I bought this album for $5 on Black Friday at Target and JUST opened it last week.

I know I know, it got lost in a pile slash my laptop doesn’t have a CD-drive so it takes a little more effort to get it on my iPod.

maroon-5-hands-all-over-fanmade.jpg

I love it. Every single song.

My favorite fast ones for running include:

• I Can’t Lie
  • How
  • Get Back In My Life
  • Runaway
  • Don’t Know Nothing
  • Stutter
  • Give a Little More

My favorite slower ones include:

• Just a Feeling
  • Out of Goodbyes (feat. Lady Antebellum) <–country!

Okay, so I just listed practically every song on the album. It’s good, I’m tellin’ ya. If I could only listen to ONE song it would be I Can’t Lie.

Alrighty, off I go. Have a wonderful Saturday Tuesday!

Tell me: Your favorite tunes this week.

***

Past Country Music Tuesday posts:

1 Holly May 1, 2012 at 11:19 am

Have you heard Maroon 5 “Payphone?” I seriuosly listened to it nonstop for 7 miles of running. It’s one of those you canNOT get enough of. I’m sure I’ll hate it in a week or so…

2 Allie May 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Yep, obsessed. I talked about my love for it last week. I have to be careful because I’m gonna get sick of it soon…I give it 5 more miles :)

3 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 1, 2012 at 11:32 am

obsessed with payphone. on repeat :)

4 Sam May 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Are you going to talk about your weight loss or not? You keep mentioning that you will but you’ve been “too busy”, yet you’re somehow not too busy to crank out posts on mediocre country music and mochi recipes. Don’t string your readers along – it’s rude.

5 Dinner at Christina's May 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm

you’re rude.

6 Kaci May 1, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Then stop reading, & you won’t have to worry about it anymore. If you need help with YOUR weight, which is a personal topic for everyone, there are RDs available for your specific needs.

7 Kori May 1, 2012 at 11:20 pm

You sound as though someone is reading a book to you & has left you at a cliffhanger. “String the readers along” really?! Allie never even voluntarily said, “Hey guys, I’d love to share my weight with you!” She looks incredibly healthy & in a great place in life, so the last thing she should have to endure is your nosey, snide comment. Consider her weight a personal fact & stop worrying about it.

8 Jenna May 1, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Agree 100%. I think your readers will appreciate some real content on your so called ‘healthy living blog’ instead of your favorite Maroon 5 songs. Seriously. You seem really starved for content lately, and you are totally ignoring what your readers want to hear about. Probably not in the best interest for you or your blog, but it’s your life, so do what you want.

9 Jenna May 1, 2012 at 11:25 pm

And just to clarify, I agree with Sam’s comment, not the others..

10 Kori May 2, 2012 at 4:34 am

I am a loyal reader, so do not assume that I would “appreciate some real content” on her blog. I enjoy the blog very much. If you think that to keep readers interested, Allie must write an entire post about her weight or some equally personal topic, then I would hate to ever have to write for your interests. What I do not understand is why people complain about a blog when they are not forced to read it. There are plenty that probably interest you, so why not seek them out & leave LLE alone? This post was lighthearted & fun with just talking about music. Why the heck is there negativity? Because apparently some people thrive on it.

11 Danielle May 2, 2012 at 9:07 am

I agree with Sam. Allie, you should consider yourself lucky that you have readers who are asking you to post about something! Most people would just give up on your blog at this point, but you have readers who are concerned and curious. You have a healthy living blog…do you really think you can avoid talking about a major weight loss forever? And I agree about being “too busy” – you post plenty.

12 Tori May 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Do like Luke Bryan? He’s a country singer aswell and Ive been loving his latest singles! I am also constantly listening to the song “give me love” by Ed Sheeran. Its so beautiful (*tear*) Its on that victoria secret swimwear commercial…Anyways thats what im listening to thses days :)

13 Allie May 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Yes, I do! Thanks for the song recs.

14 Stephanie @My Freckled Life May 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hahaha, this post totally cracked me up! I also get like 50+ emails a day from stores/websites and I always delete all of them instead of unsubscribing. Makes me feel better to know I’m not the only one!

15 peanutbutterlover May 1, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I have been listening to Lone Star’s greatest hits recently, specifically “From My Front Porch Looking In.” Definitely need to check out your playlists! Especially Maroon5; Do you ever watch Adam on The Voice?

16 peanutbutterlover May 1, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Oh, and my favorite Lonestar workout songs are: What About Now and TGIF!

17 Allie May 1, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I’ve been singing From My Front Porch Looking In ALLLLLL day long!! And yes, I’m obsessed with Adam Levine and watch him on The Voice. The ‘rents and I love that show.

18 Liz May 2, 2012 at 12:33 am

I AM ADDICTED TO ADAM LEVINE/MAROON 5! Ha! You better hurry up & get tired of that M5 CD because their next one comes out in June :D

19 Lena May 1, 2012 at 6:00 pm

:) I love country music tuesdays. u always have a few gems to add to my spotify country playlist and i look forward to it every wk! And i loveee jason aldean! he’s what got me into country in the first place. my friends always joke bout how I’m such an anomaly. I’m currently living in the Midwest for grad school but I’m an Asian girl born and raised from NY blasting country music in my room bout being a redneck woman hahah :)

20 Rachael May 1, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I feel like I will always be obsessed with Eric Church!

21 Angela May 1, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Not a big fan, but I am OBSESSED with Maroon 5! Have been since I went to a retreat with family friends in elementary school and the only CD we had for the week was Songs About Jane :)

22 Haley @ Health Freak College Girl May 1, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Don’t even get me started on Jason Aldean! He has been on repeat for the last week. I have been loving him and Eli Young Band lately. And ohmygosh I love Angel Eyes too! Seriously though nothing beats country music

23 Jaclyn May 2, 2012 at 2:11 am

My favorite country song this week has been “Lost” by Chris Young. I love it…have listened to it every morning and night on the way home from work the past few days–it’s an oldy but if you haven’t heard him you should check it out!!

I am also really diggin’ “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson–I’m sure I’m behind the times on this one–I don’t listen to the radio much, but I have been in the past week and it is always on and very catchy!

24 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Pepper May 2, 2012 at 9:53 am

Don’t ask me why, but I think Adam Leven is so hot!! I’ll have to look into the Maroon 5 CD.

25 Rosalie May 2, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Adam levine (from Maroon 5) is my WEAKNESS. He is probably my FAVORITE celebrity. I seriously babble about him everyday. So dang hottttttttt. He juuuuust broke up with his girlfriend too ;)