Catching Up

by Allie on December 22, 2012 · 23 comments

in Musings

Oh hi there. Long time no talk! We’ve got some catching up to do, huh?

It’s been a couple months since my last post and quite a lot has happened in my life. Many of you have inquired about an update, so here we go.

I spent the last two months a little unplugged, which was very beneficial for me. Less computer time and more life time. It helped that I went on a trip for two weeks and had absolutely no internet/phone access. At first, I didn’t know how I was going to survive, but after a few days, I started to really enjoy it. No emails to read! I realized just how much time I spent in front of the computer (and just how much junk mail I received every day…err still do).

It was so refreshing to step away.

photo 4-3.JPG

I was also focusing on studying for a huge exam, which I took and PASSED last Monday. Hahhhh-UGE relief!

I took the exam for my new job. Yah, new job! I won’t be disclosing the details now (maybe in the future). It’s a great use of my degree and incorporates many of my interests. New year, new job. A fresh start.

I am extremely excited to start 2013 on the right foot!

track2.jpg

FEET! You bet I’m still running. I took a break from running after my marathon to let my body recover and then slowly eased back into moderate distance running again.

I have been blessed by the racing gods. I got not one but TWO lottery entries into races this April.

1) Cherry Blossom 10 mile Run

My parents ran this race 15 years ago as a training race before their marathon. Oh and guess what? Lo the Bro is running this race too!

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 10.30.04 PM.png

2) Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC

It’s the very first one! I can’t wait to get the Tiffany’s necklace race medal.

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 10.29.43 PM.png

2013 hasn’t even begun, but it’s already shaping up to be a wonderful year!

photo 3-6.JPG

I do hope to post more as we enter the new year. It’s been a nice break and I’m ready to jump back in! I’m not sure just how often, but hopefully a couple times a week…? I’m being optimistic.

photo 5-2.JPG

Okay, y’all. Until we chat again…stay warm and have a merry Christmas/happy holiday/wonderful end of 2012!

Tell me: What have you been up to?! It’s your turn to update!

1 Miss Polkadot December 22, 2012 at 12:28 pm

What a fun coincidence I checked your blog just today – not through a reader! It’s great to hear you enjoyed your unplugged break and achieved many wonderful things in life. Congrats on passing the exam and double congrats :) on landing a job! And the two races sound fun, too. 2013 sure looks like it’s going to be a fantastic year for you. I’m excited to hear more.

Have a merry Christmas, Allie!

2 Allie December 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm

What a coincidence! I’m amazed you hadn’t given up on me yet :) . Merry Christmas to you too!

3 Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine December 22, 2012 at 12:44 pm

So nice to see you back in the blog world! Congratulations for passing the exam and all the great things coming in 2013. :)

4 Lee December 22, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Sounds like things are going well! My little sister is doing that half. It’ll be her first.

5 Allie December 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm

It’ll be my first, too! I hope she enjoys training.

6 Chelsea December 22, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Happy Holidays Allie! Nice to hear how you are doing.

7 Lauren December 22, 2012 at 1:08 pm

It’s great to hear from you love and so glad to hear things are going well. Congrats on passing your exam and the new job! And the Cherry Blossom Run is bar far my favorite race! I’ve done it 3 years in a row and I’m so sad I’ll miss it this year.

8 Irina @ Chocolatea Time December 22, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Congrats on all the wonderful things going on in your life! 2013 will hopefully be the best year yet…I think we all need it! And I’m running the Nike Women’s Half as well :)

9 Allie December 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Woohoo! I think I need to organize a meet up!

10 Eating 4 Balance December 22, 2012 at 1:20 pm

So happy to see this in my blog reader :) I feel like I was just starting to get into your blog as you took a break. Haha. Perfect timing.

Congratulations on passing the exam, and getting your new job! Very exciting. I can’t wait to read more of your updates and posts.

11 Alyse December 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Nice to see you again!

12 Steph @321delish December 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm

So glad you’re back! I’ve missed you!!! Good luck at your new job, and congrats!!!

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Happy to see you posting again, even if it’s just once and awhile! :) Good luck with the new job. I’m hoping to start 2013 on the right foot but still trying to work out those details… ;)

14 BroccoliHut December 22, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Congrats on the new job! Hoping to hear more about it, either here or via chatting :)
I know what you mean about taking awhile to unplug–I didn’t really have internet or phone while in Jamaica. It made life so much more relaxing!

15 Molly @ RDexposed December 22, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Looks like someone has the racing bug!

16 Allie December 22, 2012 at 10:39 pm

My MCM medal is getting lonely :)

17 Kaci December 22, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Wonderful end to 2013…did I sleep for a while?!

18 Allie December 22, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Ha! I’m getting ahead of myself…editing now.

19 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Good to hear from you again Allie! Congrats on your new job and passing that exam – that’s so exciting!

No major updates from me… I’ve just been chugging away through my last year of school and applying to dietetic internships.

Have a great Christmas girl! :)

20 Asuma December 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm

So glad to see you back, Allie!!! And congrats on the new job and exam :D Proud of you girl ;)

21 dixya@food, pleasure, and health December 25, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I missed reading your blogs. Congratulations on everything happening to you about your exam, jobs and other races you are going to be doing. I hope you will find more time to write soon.

22 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Oooh I’m curious about your new job- but congrats on passing the exam!
It IS nice to unplug, and you realize just how much extra time you have to ENJOY LIFE. I had to take a break from actually reading blogs over the last few months, which was refreshing, even though I missed seeing what people were up to. I would just get waaaaay too sucked in…
Hope you had a great Christmas!
OH- and AWESOME about those races!! I’ve never entered the Cherry Blossom lotto… don’t know why!

23 Allie December 27, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I haven’t been able to let go of blog reading yet :) . But yes, it takes up so much time! I read while I foam roll to justify the time.