A Look Back

by Allie on January 15, 2013 · 10 comments

in Fun Stuff

I’m here with a fun little post with my favorites from 2012. Better late than never, right?

2012-03-27.jpg

My favorite Instagrammed photo (if you want to follow me, I’m livelaugheat):

I love this shirt and I’m kicking myself for not getting it!

photo 4.JPG

My favorite piece of new workout gear:

My CEP Pink Compression Socks! I met a runner a couple weeks ago and she said I’m known as “pink socks” among her friends in the neighborhood. Love it.

asicsshoes.JPG

My favorite recipe:

Chickpea Veggie Burgers.

My favorite Pin:

This guy’s facial expression always makes me laugh. It doesn’t matter what the meme says.

8444318021220313_CGxoUqSJ_c.jpg

source

My favorite snack:

I’ve munched my way through countless canisters of these toasted coconut almonds.

image-288.jpeg

Best [savory] thing I ate:

I can’t exactly remember everything I ate (that’s what I get for being an MIA blogger), but this was definitely something I will not forget.

Barolo Braised Beef Short Ribs with Creamy Truffle Polenta. At some point during the year I fell head over heels in love with cheesy polenta.

beef.jpg

Best [sweet] thing I ate:

Hawaiian Coconut Creme Brûlée

cremebrulee.jpg

My favorite accomplishment:

Running the Marine Corps Marathon

photo 2-8.JPG

That’s all for now. I’m flying to LA tomorrow for a video shoot (another one!). It’s supposed to be a whopping 80*F! I can’t wait.

Be back with the deets…

Tell me: The highlight of 2012 for you!

1 hippierunner January 16, 2013 at 12:58 am

Those chickpea burgers look good!

Have a fun trip! :) I thought I should warn ya that it’s actually been super cold here recently, like the high being somewhere in the 50s. (too cold for LA!)

2 Clara January 16, 2013 at 5:51 am

Ooohhh I’m definitely going to try those veggie burgers! :) Have a fun trip!!!

3 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 16, 2013 at 8:40 am

That creme brulee sounds so good! I’ve only ever had traditional creme brulee before, but I bet the coconut tastes really good in it!

The highlight of my 2012 was probably the road trip I did with my mom and sister. We had so much fun together and also stopped at some restaurants for some of best food I ate this year. :D

Have fun in LA!

4 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling January 16, 2013 at 9:43 am

Have fun in LA!

5 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 16, 2013 at 11:00 am

Miss your regular blogging and seeing what you’re up to – hope you are well :)

6 Alex January 16, 2013 at 7:20 pm

YAY!!! ANOTHER POST! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! You have been missed :)

I gotta say, the highlight of 2012 for me was starting (restarting?) my blog :) :)

7 Eating 4 Balance January 17, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Just out of curiosity, what was your last trip for? Those of us stuck in school with no exciting plans inquire to know :D Lol. But really, I would have been devastated to miss out on Thanksgiving. It’s one of my favorite holidays!

8 Sharisse January 17, 2013 at 7:18 pm

My 2012 highlight was my trip to Europe! :) Those veggie burgers look yummy. Thanks for the recipe!

9 Nazihah January 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm

The coconut creme brulee sounds AMAZING! Need to find the recipe & try soon! :D

And have fun in LA Allie! Happy new year!

10 Rebecca January 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm

A highlight for me was running the Spartan Sprint, it was tough for me but I made it though. I was glad I decided to push myself outside my comfort zone. On another note, I just bought those coconut almonds and they are dangerously delicious! :)