Allie Goes to Cali

by Allie on January 20, 2013 · 24 comments

in Blogger Events,Trips

(That may be the most ridiculous post title in the history of this blog, but “Fun Times in LA” was just too boring.)

I’m home sweet home after a whirlwind trip to Los Angeles, CA!

IMG_3293.JPG

Business/work trips are always such a treat for me since I don’t get to go on them very often. You know, heavenly king size beds, car services, delicious paid-for meals…I could go on and on. Those of you who get to go on business trips frequently are probably so over it.

I, however, make sure to take all the mini shampoo bottles, coffee packets, and shower caps with me before checking out. Oh and don’t forget the pens and notepads!

photo 4-10.JPG

I had a great time making some new friends, reuniting with some old friends, and soaking up the warm sunshine. It sure felt like summer in LA this past week.

Here are some photos from my trip and a preview of what’s to come.

photo 1-22.JPG

Can you spot the Hollywood sign?

IMG_3176.JPG

Since I was on east coast time, I naturally woke up early and was able to fit in a few workouts. It was fun to play around on different equipment and change things up. I wish our community gym had this machine!

Oh and uhh you know you’re a runner when you pack 3 sports bras and not a single real one. Yeeeeeeah oopsies.

photo 2-21.JPG

The hotel breakfast buffet was stellar. I definitely got my fill of eggs, cottage cheese and strawberries.

photo 1-21.JPG photo 4-11.JPG

This turkey cobb $alad from the airport was delicious, but SO $$$$$!!

photo 2-20.JPG photo 3-14.JPG

If you follow me on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, you’ve already seen a few of these photos from the shoot!

IMG_3231.JPG IMG_3229.JPG IMG_0094.jpg IMG_3262.JPG IMG_3260.JPG photo 5-6.JPG IMG_0049.jpg

I wasn’t nearly as nervous in front of the camera compared to the last video shoot I participated in!

IMG_3286.JPG

Glamour shots taken by Darth Vader, ha!

Good times.

IMG_3283.JPG

I’ll be back on Wednesday with s’more deets! Have a great week.

Tell me: Do you get to travel for work? Where’s the coolest place you’ve gotten to go?

1 Lindsay January 20, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Work has taken me to Anchorage, Amsterdam, London, Bermuda and all across the continental US, so I can’t complain! I enjoy working travel bc I only do about one trip per quarter now. It’s the perfect amount.

2 Allie January 21, 2013 at 12:17 am

No way!! I should’ve applied for a job with your company when you suggested it way back when :)

3 Lindsay January 22, 2013 at 10:42 am

KaBOOM! is an awesome place to work :) although here I mostly travel across the continental US – still good places like No. and So. CA, Louisville, Portland, Seattle, NYC, Atlanta and a few others – hopefully Vegas in April! But, when I was with Corporate Executive Board and with LLS/Team In Training I did a lot of the more exciting trips that I mentioned above…

4 Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love January 21, 2013 at 12:02 am

I travel about 30 percent of the time for work. I’ve been to New Mexico and Nashville so far for work.

5 Allie January 21, 2013 at 12:15 am

Nashville!!! Jealous.

6 L January 21, 2013 at 12:19 am

Looks like fun! Maybe you could do a follow up post on what you are doing running and nutrition wise now that you completed your marathon. I know you said you were going to try to gain some weight, I think it would be really interesting to read how that has been working for you as well as what your millage is like post-marathon.

7 Allie January 22, 2013 at 7:46 am

It’s going well! I’ve gained ~7 pounds since my marathon. Not having ultra long training runs every week helps! I’m still running about every other day whatever distance my body feels like running. It usually ends up being about 5-8 miles 3x/week.

8 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 21, 2013 at 8:31 am

Looks like such a fun opportunity! I’m dying to visit California. Unfortunately summer jobs between school years don’t require travelling, so I’ve never had to travel for work before. :P

9 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

LOVE trips where you don’t have to pay! Have a great time in Cali, Allie ;-)

10 Kayla January 21, 2013 at 9:45 am

I’ve recently taken on a sales position and have had the opportunity to travel on a weekly basis. Although, much of my traveling remains in the state of Michigan, I’m loving the opportunity to meet new people and new cities!

11 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling January 21, 2013 at 11:37 am

How did you find such a cool job and where can I get one? ;)

12 Allie January 22, 2013 at 7:40 am

Through my ad network, Glam Media.

13 Kori January 21, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Looks like you had a blast! I can’t wait to read more about it! :)

14 Sheila January 21, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Hey Allie,

Was great to meet you on our Nature Made trip. Glad you made it home safe.

15 Allie January 22, 2013 at 7:39 am

Nice to meet you too, Sheila!!

16 Kaci January 22, 2013 at 11:21 am

You are gorgeoussss, & it looks like you had an amazing trip!

17 skinnyrunner January 22, 2013 at 2:43 pm

so fun meeting your cute little self!

18 Allie January 22, 2013 at 9:57 pm

It was nice to finally meet you, too!

19 Sara January 22, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I just got back from a 4 day business trip in Denver. For once, our review stayed on schedule and I was able to fit in workouts after work before the temps dropped below freezing. The perk of travelling for work is I get to take in new sights on my runs, but the con is that travelling takes me away from my hunnie and the dogs. Enjoyed your post!

20 Nazihah January 24, 2013 at 4:22 am

Wow, so jealous!
Few days ago I watched a video of Disneyland in LA on Youtube. Looks like so much fun there!

I wish I can travel soon! Need to finish my diploma first though. Hee :D

21 Elisabeth January 24, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I’m a clinical laboratory scientist in a hospital laboratory. When we get new instruments for lab testing, some of us get to travel to the manufacturer for about a week to learn all the ins & outdo fusing them. I’ve been to New York & New Jersey a couple times for that. I’ll be going to Indianapolis later this year. So…nowhere highly exciting, but still a free trip ;)

22 Elisabeth January 24, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Ummm…ins and outs of using them. Ha!

23 Bay January 31, 2013 at 3:42 pm

What is your job, Allie? Do you work with/for Glam Media, or is this a promo gig? I’m really curious to know what you do. I’ve recently realized I don’t really have a plan, which is driving me crazy. What am I aiming at? Everywhere? Anywhere? Nowhere?

When I was a university recruiter, I travelled all across British Columbia, where I live (it really is Beautiful British Columbia) and to Ontario. My best friend travels all over the world for work, but it’s too much–not fun anymore. I remember feeling travel-weary, too.

24 Allie January 31, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I only work with Glam Media as a part of my blog, which I do no consider my job. Just a hobby!