A Backstage Pass to Naturemade

by Allie on January 23, 2013 · 12 comments

in Blogger Events

When I think of vitamins I think of my best friend Kat Lobes. I remember going to her house after school and finding a chewable vitamin sitting in a cute little dish on the kitchen table left lovingly by her mom. She immediately wrapped the vitamin in a tissue, walked to the bathroom and flushed it down the toilet (!!).

After witnessing this a couple times, I volunteered to take the vitamin for her (oh yes, we were rebels!). I was such a candy fein that really, anything sugary and chewable was delicious to me.

photo 3-12.JPG

Do you take your vitamins every day?

I never ever (and I mean ever) forget to take my vitamins. It’s not so much that I’m worried about getting vitamins and minerals into my body, since my diet is high in a variety of grains, fruits and vegetables. You really want to know why I’m so dedicated to taking my vitamins?

I take candy vitamins. I take a gummy multi-vitamin and 3 (okay, sometimes 4) calcium chews every single day without fail. I heart candy.

I have countless expired bottles of pill vitamins in my medicine cabinet, but the candy vitamin bottles don’t stand a chance.

MVI_7423.jpg

Last week I was invited to Los Angeles, CA to learn more about vitamins at the NatureMade headquarters. We got to chat with experts and learn more about their brand new product, Vitamelts.

Vitamelts are small melt-in-your-mouth vitamin supplements that you can take without water. They taste a little like Smarties. They come in 6 flavors/vitamins: C, D, B12, Zinc, Melatonin and L-Theanine.

NM VitaMelts group shot.jpg

I didn’t know much about the company going into the trip. We have NatureMade vitamins in the house, but mostly because they are sold at Costco (often with a coupon!). I was impressed with their commitment to providing consumers with the best possible product. I was also proud to be named a NatureMade ambassador.

U24A7368-1.jpg

At the headquarters, we met with the Director of Medical and Scientific Affairs, the Director of Research and Development (he’s in the photo below…I actually saw him in a TV commercial this week!), the Director of Insights and the VP of Marketing.

image1.jpg

We got a backstage pass to check out the packaging facility and labs on one condition…we had to cover up!

photo 1-19.JPG _MG_7403.jpg

Don’t I look totally fascinated?!

…and like the biggest nerd on the face of the planet.

MVI_7448a.jpg MVI_0059.jpg

The next day we participated in some interviews to be compiled into a video, which I’m looking forward to sharing with you when their finished editing (so basically, cropping out my awkward blabbing).

Tell me: Do you take vitamins regularly? The candy or pill kind?

***

NM-Logo.jpg

Nature Made® VitaMelts™ are a new “one of a kind,” enjoyable way to take your vitamins because they melt in your mouth and taste great. Discover how new Nature Made® Vitamelts™ can transform your vitamin taking experience by making it enjoyable. Visit us on Facebook to get a coupon.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nature Made via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nature Made.

1 Maureen January 23, 2013 at 2:29 pm

What a fun day! I’d be a total nerd about it too!
I take a crap-load of vitamins & supplements on a daily basis.

2 Eating 4 Balance January 23, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I take a lot of supplements on a daily basis. Up until about 2 years ago though, the only vitamin that I would take was my flinstone’s gummy :D So I’m with you on the tastes like candy part! The only thing with me now is that I don’t like all of the additives like high fructose corn syrup, gluten, dairy, “stabilizers”, etc. that get put into them.

3 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 23, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I used to eat Flintstone’s vitamins at my friend’s house whenever I was over there! Gummy vitamins are still my favorite, mostly because the other kinds make me so nauseous!

4 patty January 23, 2013 at 4:35 pm

What a great opportunity. It also reminds me that I really, really, like really should start with vitamins. Candy vitamins sound so appealing all of a sudden.

5 broccolihut January 23, 2013 at 9:03 pm

This looks like it was such a fun experience! In the small world department, my uncle used to work for NatureMade.
I take vitamin D and selenium (for my thyroid) both in pill form–i would love to try them in gummy form though!

6 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! January 23, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Looks like a fun trip! Kind of cool to get to see behind the scenes of a company like that! You look so young in the last pic…like a teenager! Lol!

7 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 24, 2013 at 8:41 am

I take vitamin D and omega 3 pills sometimes when I remember… but I eat my Adora discs almost every day! Any excuse to eat chocolate. ;)

8 Elisabeth January 24, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I take a lot vitamins actually – I’ve had a sleeve gastrectomy so I have to take 2 multivitamins, 4 calcium citrate supplements, a sublingual vitamin B12 and Vitamin D everyday. Unfortunately I have to take chewable vitamins made for bariatric patients….and they don’t taste so hot ;)

9 Risti January 24, 2013 at 10:44 pm

You know I’ve *tried* to take daily vitamins (just the regular multi-vitamins nothing special), but it never works out. But I found that I get enough nutrients through my diet that it doesn’t hurt me to NOT being taking anything. Although adding some sort of supplement would be better, it’s not killing me to go without.

10 Nerri January 26, 2013 at 1:01 am

I do take my vitamins every day – in pill form! But I am 100% sure I’d enjoy it more in candy form :)

11 Victoria January 27, 2013 at 10:31 am

This is so funny! I love taking gummy chew vitamins also! The regular kind make my stomach turn:)

12 Frances February 2, 2013 at 1:47 am

Haha I work in a lab and have to wear a cap and gown like that every day :(