On some days I get in an excellent variety of fruit, vegetables, and grains. On other days, not so much. Such as the days when I’m on-the-go allllll day long. I’m allergic to a bunch of raw fruits and vegetables, especially the ones that are convenient to pack i.e. apples, pears, peaches, celery, carrots…so weird, I know. This means I end up snacking on a ton of almonds when I’m out and about.
Okay, I just really really like almonds. They’re easy to stash in my purse and snack on during meetings. While almonds are high in some vitamins, like vitamin E, it’s low in others.
Lifehack has a great infographic on vitamins—what they do and which foods they are in (click on the link to see a larger version).
I also know my body doesn’t absorb all the vitamins I get from food, so I take vitamin supplements to fill in the gaps. Rather than take all my vitamins at once, I space them out throughout the day to maximize absorption.
Vitamelts are especially convenient because I can just pop ‘em in my mouth whenever wherever. No water needed! Big horse pills make my stomach hurt (even when I take them with food), so these little nuggets are perfect.
As a Nature Made Ambassador, I’ve been asked to provide a few SIMPLE tips to live a healthier lifestyle. Some things I include in my daily routine are:
- Drinking a huge glass of water in the morning…before coffee!
- Eating the rainbow w/ an emphasis on green
- Making stretching and foam rolling a priority
- Washing my hands before cooking/eating
- Getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night
- Taking the stairs
- Standing while I work at my computer
A makeshift standing desk I built at work .
Friday Giveaway: Vitamelts + SoyJoy Bars
Nature Made has graciously offered to giveaway two prize packs for this week’s giveaway.
- A full set of Nature Made Vitamelts (warning: Vitamelts contain gluten)
- Nature Made yoga mat
- Nature Made tote bag
- Nature Made water bottle
- Box of Dark Chocolate Cherry SOYJOY
- Box of Cranberry SOYJOY
- SOYJOY cooler
- SOYJOY sunglasses
I’ve been eating at least 1 SOYJOY bar a day since returning from CA! So good.
- Leave a comment on this post sharing one tip to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Share this post on Twitter (or retweet my post tweet). You must leave a separate comment saying you did, so I can count the entry.
I will choose TWO winners at random on 2/15/13.
The winner of the No Sweat Giveaway is…
Comment #57. Congrats, Ilene! Please email me with your mailing address.
Nature Made® VitaMelts™ are a new “one of a kind,” enjoyable way to take your vitamins because they melt in your mouth and taste great. Discover how new Nature Made® Vitamelts™ can transform your vitamin taking experience by making it enjoyable. Visit us at NatureMade.com/VitaMelts to learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nature Made via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nature Made