CMT: Kenny in Concert!

by Allie on May 28, 2013 · 8 comments

in Music

Last Friday, I got a text message from Mama D (the nanny fam mom…remember her?) asking if I wanted to go to the Kenny Chesney concert with her. Um, let me think about that for 0.0004 milliseconds…HECK YAH! I immediately cancelled all my non-existent Saturday night plans…

I got even more excited when I found out Kacey Musgraves, Eli Young Band and Eric Church were opening for him. Love ‘em all. Yee haw!

Of course, I wore my Sunday country best.

photo 1-48.JPG

I went over to the house a little early to reunite with the kiddos for a bit and meet the newest kiddo (!!). It was great catching up with Mama D and hearing all about the family’s latest shenanigans. Thanks for the invite, D!

Oh and I got to cross off 1 of my 25 Things To Do While I’m 25, which I’ve been totally slacking on! Whoopsies.

Eric…

kennychesney.JPG

Kenny…

photo 5-16.JPG

No Country Music Tuesday post is complete without a list of my latest faves:

Highway Don’t Care — Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift

Blowin’ Smoke — Kacey Musgraves

Crash my Party — Luke Bryan

I Want Crazy — Hunter Hayes <–awesome running song!

Anywhere With You — Jake Owen

Hey Pretty Girl — Kip Moore

Don’t Ya — Brett Eldredge

cmt2.jpg

Past Country Music Tuesday posts:

1 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 28, 2013 at 11:09 am

I Want Crazy is a GREAT running song! See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery is also a fantastic running song. I’m so jealous you got to see all of those people live–that would literally be heaven to me!

2 Elizabeth May 28, 2013 at 11:22 am

Awesomeness! I’m not a huge concert fan, but Eric Church is my homeboy, so I’d love to go hear him!!
I’m loving the songs you posted- espesh “Highway Don’t Care”!!

3 Mabelle@ Dance, Love, Dine May 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Always awesome to get an unexpected invite to a cool concert. Glad you had fun!

4 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run May 28, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I am currently crushin’ on all of the above country songs, too.

5 Christine May 29, 2013 at 12:15 am

I WAS THERE TOO! Eric Church is my favorite ever!!

6 Jared May 29, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I have yet to go to a country show. Growing up in NoVa, I felt a lot of distaste for country music…once I got to college it was the exact opposite! I really like Kenny Chesney, Brantley Gilbert, Jason Aldean, and a ton of others now. Perfect summer music and I look forward to more CMT from you, Allie!

7 glidingcalm May 30, 2013 at 1:05 am

oh man! this past year I got SO INTO country music! I bet that concert was a blast! (also, CUTE boots!)

Thanks for the comment on my post!! I’m pretty excited!!
Hope all is well, Allie!