1) This past weekend, my best friend Kat Lobes got engaged! She and her fiancé (ahhh sounds SO weird) have been dating for nearly 9 years. High school sweethearts. Gush.
2) This past weekend, I dusted off my camera to photograph two new flavors of CrunchDaddy Popcorn. They’re being considered by a very well-known company for a spot in their online holiday gift guide!
These two were my faves.
Dan and I have been working together for a year and a half now and this was our 3rd photo shoot together. It’s been wonderful to witness the growth of his business and of course, to be one of the first people to try his new flavors. And by ‘try,’ I mean ‘devour half of the box.’
Oh and my photos from the previous shoot were published in Howard Magazine! This actually came out last year, but Dan just gave me a copy of the magazine yesterday.
I guess this makes me a published photographer…? Uh huh suuuure. You can read/see the full article here.
3) This past weekend, I attended a party celebrating the 100th birthday of my high school band director’s house (the house…not him ha!), 50th birthday of his dear wife and their 25th wedding anniversary. All in 2013!
There was a live jazz band and the most delicious catered food. When I get married in 80 billion years, I’d like this food to be served at the reception.
Peach + mozzarella caprese salad, pulled BBQ pork biscuit sandwiches, crab cake stuffed jumbo shrimp, steak, root vegetables fried in duck fat (so good), bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed jalapeño poppers, and cheesy artichoke dip. After two full plates, I had to move on to dessert.
4) This past weekend, my Garmin strap bit the dust. It lasted 4 wonderful years. I’ve resorted to using a binder clip. I have a replacement strap in my Amazon cart, but until I can find something I need for $5 (so I can qualify for free super saver shipping), I can’t check out. Just can’t.
I absolutely refuse to pay for shipping. Stubborn and cheap.
5) This past weekend, we had a seafood feast for Peter. Though we officially celebrated Father’s Day last Sunday, we still wanted to have a nice dinner together. Instead of going out for crabs, as originally planned, we got jumbo tiger shrimp and two HUMONGOUS crabs from Costco. Those crabs were the size of dinner plates.
I have the best dad in the whole wide world.
Tell me: What did you do this past weekend?
Today is National Drink Your Veggies Day. Remember my Superfood Sangria recipe? Voting for the Naked Power Garden Sweepstakes is now open. You can win a $250 garden gift basket by pinning your favorite blogger recipe here. Check out the pin board.
Power Garden is Naked Juice’s new veggie drink lineup with 1 lb. of veggies in every bottle*. With delicious flavors that only Naked could blend, Power Garden offers one of the easiest ways to get your daily servings of veggies and fruits, along with good sources of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Learn more at http://www.nakedjuice.com/veggiedrinks. *weight of vegetables, prior to juicing.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Naked via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Naked.