I don’t know what that title is or where it came from…just go with it. My alarm clock went off at 4 AM this morning, so I could be at work by 5. My brain is a lotta whack right now.
1. We finally fired up the grill for the first (and hopefully not last) time this summer for a surf ‘n’ turf feast out on the deck. Everything tastes better grilled. Fact.
NY strip steak, jumbo tiger shrimp, mussels, green beans (from our garden!), red peppers and zucchini.
If you don’t think you like zucchini, you must try it grilled! It is my absolute favorite vegetable. I decided.
2. Double date at Fuego. I know…again! This time it was ALL Kat Lobes’s idea. I swear. She had never been before and well, one MUST experience the deliciousness that is Fuego yucca fries.
We went during happy hour and I had 2 1/2 of their Twisted Margaritas (1 1/2 more than I should’ve), which was the traditional lime margarita mixed with hibiscus. So good…and so strong.
I think for every margarita sipped (I say sipped because I can’t figure out if it’s drunk or drunken or dranked…ha kidding on that last one!), one consumes no less than 20 tortilla chips. Add guacamole and you can bump up that chip count to 30.
I woke up the next morning and banged out 10 speedy miles (!!). I was totally expecting to feel like I got hit by a bus, but instead I had so much energy I felt like I was flying. I don’t know either. I should drink tequila more often…?
3. Anyone else watch the Gymnastics National Championships last week? Best sport ever. Aaaaand let’s trade abs, ladies. I can’t believe we’re still 3 years away from the next Summer Olympics. Wah.
4. Can we talk about the new Vanilla Chex that is totally the bomb dot com?
You know why I’m showing you an image of the box from their website and not one I photographed? Oh yeah, because the two boxes they sent me vanished before I could snap one. I ate half the box one day, the other half the next day and repeat. Vanilla has quickly become one of my favorite flavors in general and I was so excited to see it as a gluten free Chex flavor. Light, crispy, and oh so sweet.
General Mills is offering to send one lucky reader 2 boxes of Vanilla Chex cereal along with 5 coupons for free boxes of Vanilla Chex cereal. Disclaimer: General Mills provided me with samples and coupons to review. As always all opinions are my own.
To enter: Leave a comment on this post. I will choose a winner 8/27/13 and contact them via email.
5. Another feast on the deck. Hands down the best part of summer.
Morrocan chicken tagine, squid + veg, sauteed eggplant, crabs!
6. What’s a post without a couple random photos from Instagram…
Okay, I’ve gotta go back to work in a little bit, so I’m gonna wrap this up and find some food. I guess I’m gonna call it “dinner” because I’ve been up for so many hours!
I hope you’re having a fabulous week. We’re over the hump, y’all!
Tell me…your a) favorite cereal b) favorite sport to watch on TV and c) favorite drink. Ready, set go.